Symbolics Space-Cadet Keyboard
The Space-cadet keyboard is made in 1980s. It came after the Knight keyboard.
There are only about 100 made.
Meta Hyper Super Modifiers
The modifiers are:
- Shift → For UPPERCASE letters
- greek/front → insert Greek character, printed in front of the keycaps.
- top → insert APL characters, printed on upper top of the keycaps.
- Meta → modifier, used heavily in emacs.
- Hyper → extra modifier, can be used in emacs.
- Super → extra modifier, can be used in emacs.
The extra modifiers allows more key combination possibilities.
However, extra modifiers create much less possibilities than key sequences.
Thumb Up Key
Here's more photos of the Space-cadet keyboard, a brand new one.
For the key layout, see: Lisp Machine Keyboard Layout
For lots more photos of the space cadet keyboard, see: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/obra/sets/72157635353286814/
Thanks to Jon Snader for tip.
Symbolics Lisp Machine Keyboards
Hacker Lore Keyboards
- History of Emacs and vi Keys
- Lisp Machine Keyboards
- Symbolics Space-Cadet Keyboard
- How to Create APL or Math Symbols Keyboard Layout
- Univac F-1355-00 Keyboard
- Ann Arbor Ambassador 60 Terminal
- ADM-3A Terminal
- DEC VT100 Terminal
- IBM Model M keyboard
- Sun Microsystems Type 6 Keyboard
- Control Key and Capslock Key Positions in Old Keyboards
- The Idiocy of Happy Hacking Keyboard
Tip me, at patreon
Ask me question on patreon